Monday, September 05, 2005

Photo of Allen Ginsberg and Dr.Trogawa, Rinpoche in NYC


I took this photo of Allen and the doctor outside John Giorno's loft on the Bowery in NYC , August 29, 1989 using Allen's Olympus XA camera. I asked them to move closer together but Dr. Trogawa just dug in his heals and stayed put. I had started working for Allen around then while living on McDougal at Anne Waldman's dad's house. I made many trips up Spring Street to Dean and Delucca's on Broadway to shop for the meals I prepared. At one point, Dr. Trogawa said that working for Allen would be good for my "development" and to him, he said I was a "rare" hard worker. After Allen died I sent him the obituary I wrote for the Mirror which he received.

3 comments:

Car Insurance said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julia Elvarado said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erni Bär said...

I happened to know the late Venerable Trogawa Rinpoche. This photograph is really very nice! Thank you from

Dharmadada Erni Bär
feedback@erni-baer.de
www.erni-baer.de