Sunday, September 25, 2005

A Recollection of Dr. Trogawa, Rinpoche

from Maggie Camfield, in Cobargo, New South Wales, Australia - close to Namgyalgar

Here are my encounters with Dr. Trogawa Rinpoche, which you are welcome to include among your collection.

I was in Leh, in the street, when suddenly my energy almost hit the ground and shot forward. A lama spun around as if he'd been hit. I managed not to fall completely, and some people we were with said, 'Oh, it's Trogawa Rinpoche.'

The following day 4 of us were to meet with him for lunch. The restaurant we had agreed to meet at was closed. Puzzled, someone asked what we should do. I said, 'We can go to the Korean restaurant across the road.' Why I said that, I don't know. When we arrived, Trogawa Rinpoche and his nephew were already there at a table for 6.

Naturally after these incidents, I feel a strong bond with him.

No comments: