Monday, May 21, 2007

New Photo of Dr. Trogawa, Rinpoche


While cleaning my shrine area this morning, I came accross this photo of Dr. Trogawa, Rinpoche taken by John Giorno in 1993 on a trip outside New York. While I do not remember the destination, on the way we stopped to picnic at a lovely park where everyone took a nap.
While we were sleeping, a small red fox approached the doctor. On the backside of this photo is a stamp "Giorno Systems." I do remember sitting in the backseat of the car with John on this trip and hearing his story of meeting poet, Anne Waldman. I love John's slogan art. For years, I have kept a small silk screened post card of his in my office--EVERYONE IS A COMPLETE DISAPPOINTMENT. Whenever, I feel disappointed in my own or others' failing, just seeing this card perks me up.

No comments: